The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of the office and promotional events related to the community space. This position requires coordination of the upkeep of the interior and exterior of the building, working with local organizations for workshops, working with reception staff and volunteers, and maintaining networking and communication with the POCA (People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture).
- In charge of overseeing upkeep of garden, exterior of building, and interior improvements and beautification of the space
- Bringing in local vendors and services (ie organic juices, yoga sessions) for free clinics and workshops and advertising workshops for clients
- Training new front desk staff and coordinating volunteers
- In charge of providing coverage of front desk duties
- Front desk duties require checking in patients, orienting new patients, logging client surveys, answering phone calls and questions regarding acupuncture, and managing client files
- Working with People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture (POCA) to maintain connections to other clinics and provide referral assistance to patients
- Must have prior experience coordinating volunteers
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, accounting, and handiwork preferred
- Painting and artistic skills for the beautification of our clinic
Compensation for this position includes 2-3 acupuncture sessions per week for yourself or friend/family member. This is a part-time position that requires 5-20 hours/week during clinic hours. OurSpace Acupuncture is open Tuesday-Thursday 1pm-7pm and Friday-Saturday 10am-2pm.
Contact email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.